SCWA

Powered by FundRazr

Pages

Followers

Sunday 19 February 2012

sad news

Hi guys, I know I haven't been around this week but I have been busy visiting my Grandad as often as possible and also trying to decorate our living room!
My Grandad was improving slightly each day during the week, to the extent that he was laughing and joking with us, he was still hard to understand as his words were getting mixed up, but he knew who me and mum were, which with his Alzheimer's is amazing, and you could see the twinkle in his eyes when he was laughing. The nurse said he had been singing to her and another old man on the ward had joined in too! He was always singing bless him, even on days when he didn't know who anyone was he managed to remember all the words to his fave songs.
I was about to leave the house yesterday to go pick up my Grandma to go visit him when my phone rang, it was my mums B/F and he broke the horrid news to me that my wonderful Grandad has passed away in the morning at the age of 87 :(
So needless to say I won't be around much again this week as we will be busy making arrangements.
I hope to be back to crafting soon

1 comment:

  1. Big big hugs Anj. Your memories of all the happy times will ease you thru this difficult time xxxxx

    ReplyDelete